Electronic Defence Systems
Electronic Defence Systems builds on Saab’s close collaboration with customers requiring effective solutions for surveillance, traffic management and for discovering, locating and protecting against different types of threats. The business area’s product portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and marine systems within radar, signal intelligence, self protection, combat systems, C4I solutions and air- and maritime traffic management.
Performance and cost advantages are achieved through an innovative approach, based on taking the best ideas from commercial industries and on using the same technology in many applications.
Services and solutions
- The Giraffe surface radar family for air- and sea surveillance and the Arthur weapon locating system.
- Self protection systems providing warning against incoming threats and protecting aircrafts, helicopters, vehicles and vessels. These include IDAS, BOL, ESTL and LEDS.
- Naval combat management systems based on 9LV, complete solutions integrated with sensors for surface vessels or submarines. Combat management systems are also supplied to air forces and armies.
- Signals intelligence (SIGINT) systems providing situational awareness and discovering and identifying threats.
- Complete Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) systems for defence and civil security, as well as fighter radar, missile data links and laser range finders.
- Air traffic management systems for airports, including landing and security systems as well as traffic control tower solutions including Remote Tower for remote air traffic control.
- Maritime traffic management systems and solutions, comprising AIS transponders with AIS base stations, coast and port security, navigation solutions and hydrographic systems.